Good morning everyone,
I hope you are looking after yourselves in this stressful time.
As much as I possibly can I would like to give you some clarity around season 2020.
• It is highly unlikely the season will commence on May 2 – it is likely Football Australia will give us another estimated date of resumption on or before April 14
• It is the intention of CRJFA and Football Tasmania to offer a competition this season if possible
• We are modelling different season commencement dates but need to be mindful of the constantly moving recommendations to safeguard everyone’s health
• Football Tasmania has communicated with Councils to seek their support to allow football to play later into the year – we await their response.
• CRJFA will call for new nominations once we have clarity around a commencement date, existing nominations will remain active – you do not need to pay your registration fee to nominate.
The Executive of CRJFA strongly believe that sport will play a huge role in the recovery of our community after this virus is beaten and therefore, we will continue to work to bring you a competition in season 2020.
In the meantime, please help by following the health guidelines of physical distancing and we will overcome this virus.
Please, if you have any concerns you are free to contact me whenever you wish.
Take care and be kind to yourselves and to those around you.
President Central Region Junior Football Association
on behalf of the Executive CRJFA